Replacement Temp setting PCB ( 927-205 ) are no longer available for the 927 soldering station .
NOTE: The following information is provided as-is and is not supported by HAKKO. Modification of any HAKKO product will void the warranty.
*** PLEASE NOTE THIS PROCESS REQUIRES DESOLDERING AND RE-SOLDERING OF TWO COMPONENTS
To change between C and F on the display of the 927 station:
- Remove the 2 phillips Head screws on the backside of the unit as- well as the two phillips head screws on the Front bottom portion of the unit to remove the top cover and expose the Temperature setting PCB located in the upper half of the unit .
- Remove The 4 Phillips head screws and spacers securing the PCB to the case .
- Locate the red LED ( L4F )on the upper right hand of the PCB. Desolder and remove the LED from ( L4F) and move the ED up to (L4C) immediately above the current position
- Solder the LED to its new location on the board .
- Locate the jumper wire labeled ( JF) this jumper can be found in the center of the board directly above the push button for ( Pin pad #8) .
- Desolder the jumper from ( JF ) and move it over 1 spot to the left to its new location labeled ( JC) .
- Solder the jumper to its new location .
- *** NOTE *** Please note that the locations that are currently unused will need to be Desoldered To be able to relocate and Insert the leads .
- Reassemble the Station , Be sure to replace the Spacers on the PCB exactly as they were removed .
- Re calibrate your soldering station ( press and hold keys 4/5 simulataneously to enter calibration mode )
Your unit is now converted to read in C temperature scale if you at anytime wish to return to F you must repeat the process to change the unit to read F
** NOTE** please view attached photos for reference on how to perform modification .