When the HAKKO FM-202 or HAKKO FM-203 display is flashing ---, this is usually an indication that the system has experienced a software problem and the system needs to be reset. This problem sometimes happens when an electrical anomaly corrupts the parameters for the station which are stored in non-volatile RAM.
The following steps will reset the software for the station:
- Turn off the unit and insert the key card
- While holding the * and # keys, turn the unit back on
- For the HAKKO FM-202, the display will show 7U (setting for the United States). If the display shows 7A (setting for Asia) press the UPor DOWN button until the display reads 7U
- For the HAKKO FM-203, the display will show U (setting for the United States). If the display shows A (setting for Asia) press the UP or DOWN button until the display reads U
- Press the * key to save the setting.
The unit's software is now reset.